Summary: Employers workstream
This workstream looked at an enhanced, future role for employers connected to the FE sector and learning technologies. It touched upon key issues around FE curricula, and better preparedness for learners as they enter the professional working environment.
- Employers should play a more integrated role in the development and delivery of FE curricula. These employers should specify which digital skills they want. They should also use tech to connect with more FEIs and learners when giving demonstrations and talks. Identify to what extent technology can help get greater engagement of employers in the design and delivery of learning
- An innovation fund should support leading-edge apprenticeships, traineeships and internships that use a high degree of technology in their delivery
- Monetise Vocational Open Online Courses (VOOCs and VE MOOCs, Alphasat) with particular emphasis on their export potential
- Employers and FE providers should work together to scale up existing ‘best practice’ learning technology network-building
- Building on these proposals, what specific changes to the ideas for employers are needed to make the biggest difference to you?
- Can you suggest any good mechanisms for achieving these recommendations?
- Are there other issues relating to employers that should be considered?
Rate the employers workstream:
In your opinion, how useful are these draft recommendations on employers ( 5 = very, 1 = not at all).