This workstream focuses on how English, maths and ESOL could best be delivered online, noting in particular how innovative technologies could be used to broaden participation, increase learner persistence and lead to positive outcomes.
- Test the effectiveness of online delivery of English, maths and ESOL courses with different learner groups and technology solutions by setting up demonstration projects
- Identify the conditions under which online basic skills provision can be scaled up
- Provide guidance and other material to support the growth of online basic skills provision within Further Education
- What examples of online delivery of English, maths and ESOL do you think we could learn from?
- How can online learning help low-skilled adults in particular?
- What is essential for sustainable solutions in these subjects?
- Are there other related issues that should be considered?
Rate the workstream:
In your opinion, how useful are these draft recommendations on the online delivery of English, maths and ESOL ( 5 = very, 1 = not at all)?